After New Years we headed to St. Maryís, Ga to visit another B-cousin, Roger and his wife, Linda. We went over for dinner and they have a real nice place right on a golf course. Food and beer were great as was the company. They were super. We got to talk about a little bit of family history which I found interesting.

On to Flagler Beach, Fl., just north of Daytona. We stayed at a campground right on the ocean. Beautiful view. Had a full moon one night and Kay said the sunrises were spectacular. We drove the truck down to Daytona beach and drove the beach. Other than that we stayed at the campground and enjoyed the view and the peace and quiet. Had the windows open for sleeping with the roar of the ocean in the background.

Moved on to Fanning Springs, Fl. again to Visit with Ron & Judy for a weekend. We were glad Judy was able to get away and come up there. Then took off for Tallahassee, Fl. to visit with Kayís sister Mary and her hubby Lee. Kayís mom & dad were there also so we got to visit with them again. Kay & Mary took them to the dog races and I stayed at their house using my laptop. Lee was working. We stayed at the Tallahassee Elks lodge again. Nice place and nice folks. Kayís brother John flew down from Il. To drive his parents to the Gulf coast for a week and we headed to Birmingham, AL. We stayed at Patsy & Joeís house. He had us set up with 30 amp elec., cable tv and a phone line so I could get on puter after they went to bed. That was a good setup. Thanks Joe! Also visited with old friends Don & Donna. Went out to eat with them one night and then went over their house for supper. And beer. Was supposed to meet with my platoon leader from Nam, Jim Lawrence but he came down with the flu and was unable to meet with us. I had seen him in DC so it wasnít too bad. And I appreciate him not connecting with us under the circumstances as I get bronchitis at the drop of a hat. Iíve had a flu shot but didnít want to take a chance.

Then---and this is a shocker---we headed to Vicksburg and the Isle of Capri Casino campground. Seems Kay remembered it from the year before. :>) She had excellent luck this year. Kayís bro, mom & dad stopped for 2 nights on their way back to Effingham. Thru Kayís casino time she was able to comp their rooms, our campsite for a week, food for the week and left there with $800 of their money. Thatís after giving me $400 of her winnings which I promptly gave back to the casino. I spent most of my time back at the MH as we had a phone line on the site and a local connection with Earthlink. Overall it was a good week.